Monday, October 11, 2010

You May Not Know...

Being the avid *cough* blogger that I am, I realized that I haven't shared much information about our lived since, shall we say May? So to make up for lost time, here are some tidbits of the Summer and beginning of Fall that slipped through the blogging cracks.

You May Not Know...


We both graduated from USU on May 8, 2010. Garrett = BS Interdisciplinary Studies. Sarah= Journalism & Communications and Health & Wellness
We moved it Rupert, Idaho. Garrett is working at A+ Solutions Counseling Agency and for the Minidoka School District. He works with kids who have behavioral problems. I started out working for Impact Athletic, teaching fitness classes, however, I recently switched over to the Best Western Burley Inn, working as a personal assistant (more hours, better pay).
We got a puppy, who is not so much a puppy anymore. She's a black lab and we named her Aggie.

Memorial Day camping trip to Bear Lake with the Condie clan. We brought Abbey (my sis) along. We went to Minitonka Cave (we were the first guests of the season) and played Minute to Win It. Of course Garrett and I brought home the victory.My sidekick sister, Emily, got married to Joshua Armstrong. She wore my Grandma's wedding dress. It was beautiful.
After the wedding, Emily and Josh had an open house in Cali (where he is from). Disneyland couldn't be missed.
The Fourth of July in Rupert is a BIG deal. Seriously - just ask Sam Nef Spendlove. She knows what I'm talking about. Anyway, my family came up. My dad and I ran in the Rupert 4th of July 5k, the family went to the parade and boating. It was a great time. We also got to celebrate my Dad's birthday while he was here. THE BIG 4-9!

On the 24th of July there is a race in Oakley, Idaho (population 1000) called the Goose Creek Run-off. It's a 10k. Garrett, his mom (Debra), and I all joined in and complete the 10k. At the end they had a drawing for a Nordic Track X7i Treadmill (you've seen it - it's the one with Jillian Michaels on the commercials). Anyway, they drew out my name and I won the treadmill. It goes up to a 40% incline, has wi-fi and all. I still can't believe it. What a perfect gift! It now sits proudly in our master bedroom.

(This is a BIG picture because winning the treadmill was a BIG deal)

The first part of August we found out we were expecting a baby sometime in April. We were so excited, however, it wasn't meant to be. About 8 weeks later I had a miscarriage. It was a blow, but we're doing ok. We still get sad, but know that there is a plan and all we can do is move forward. We've kept it pretty quiet and don't really need any sad feelings or condolences; that is not why I am writing about it. We have accepted what has happened and are looking forward to the day that we can get pregnant again! And we are excited for our sister-in-law Anna and my sister Emily to have their babies in March and May.

Since we thought a baby was on the way, we needed to get a reliable car. Goodbye Oldsmobile and welcome Nissan Pathfinder. Notice the Aggie Blue Color?


Please notice the air that all 5'3 of me got? Impressive, I know.


Lastly, the annual Labor Day camping trip to Bear Lake with the Condie Clan was a great time. Garrett and I rocked Minute to Win It yet again, but Jennifer and Jeremy gave us run for our money this time around. We went to the beach and ate double our body weight. We tried to hike it off at Bloomington lake. Why does camping food have to be so good?

Well, there you have it. A full report of our summer in October...you'd think I'd get the hint that I've got to keep up on the blog. We'll see. You may not have known, but now you do!

4 comments:

Alex and Sam said...

I have so much to say about this blog:
1. Thank you for mentioning me! I am so glad that I am one of few people that can really appreciate the beauty of the Burley/Rupert area and my favorite holiday called the 4th of July.
2. Please get pregnant again soon. I am really sorry about what happened :(
3. Blog more! I love it!

Love you so much. I need to visit you. Do you have a guest bedroom? From Sam.

debra said...

You are a very talented writer. I felt like I was right there with you on your adventures. I hope that Rupert will be as good to you and GArrett as it has been for Dean and myself.

Always love you guys!!!

Chelsea said...

Sarah! I enjoyed this post as well. It's fun to hear about your adventures and such. I hope Rupert keeps treating you well and giving you more cool free things like your treadmill!

Jessie said...

Sarah,
did i ever tell ya how much your my hero? you are an amazing chica. and you know what? everything happens for a reason...i know no matter what happens in your life, you will come out on top...cuz thats just the kind of person you are. love ya sis and miss ya!