Thursday, March 10, 2011

Karma

My freshman year of college I had a roommate named Jackie. Jackie cared for and loved animals, thus she had given up meat for many years. All of us roommates didn't quite know how to deal with a vegetarian roommate, so of course we teased and made fun, even though we really loved her and her Boca burgers.

Fast forward 4 1/2 years. Karma can be cruel, yet highly comical. Since being pregnant I have not been able to eat meat, smell meat, touch meat, look at meat...you get the point. If contact with meat is made, contact with the toilet will be made. What am I supposed to eat?

Dear Jackie, please forgive my lack of understanding. What I should have been doing was consoling you, because meat is delish and you've been so deprived...trust me, I know!

4 comments:

Just me said...

Veggie burgers are WONDERFUL. I will, in fact, actually bypass a normal hamburger for the veggie variety from time to time. Just make sure you're eating lots of tofu (either in the form of blended fruit smoothies or in Asian food, both of which are FABULOUS) so you can get protein to make that baby happy!

:)

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! I'm sorry you can't have meat! Hopefully they serve hamburgers or something at the hospital up there so you can have one once you have the baby:)

Karla, A Cali Girl in Idaho! said...

Payback's somethin'

Alycia said...

bummer. i couldn't survive without it. yay for protein shakes or something!?