Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Still Alive After 13.1

We did it! Garrett and I finished the Salt Lake 1/2 Marathon. It took us just under 2 hours and 25 minutes (I beat Garret by .01 of a second). It was great to see many members of our families out supporting us.
The night before the race Garrett got about 30 minutes of sleep. He was so nervous, not knowing what to expect. When we got to the starting line there was a gospel choir singing getting everyone excited. As we were waiting in line for the port-a-potties at the starting line we saw the Black shirt team from The Biggest Loser. We were able to talk to them and they were really nice. I even shook their hands and since I talked to them Garrett owes me $6 dollars.
We were in the port-a-potties when the actual race started, but no need to worry because with over 13,000 people participating in the race it takes a while to cross the finish line.

The race as a whole was good. About mile 11 the marathon winner ran past us...sad when a marathon runner is faster than you are at a half marathon.
Crossing the finish line was great. Garrett and I ran through holding hands.

I am so proud of Garrett for accomplishing this. He is so good to support me in my hobbies and even does them with me. With that being said, I'm still trying to convince him to run a full marathon. This is where I need your help! Pump him up for it. I'm shooting for the St. George Marathon in October. Garrett can do it!

1 comment:

debra said...

Way to Go!!!! in a million years I could never run even a mile. I am so proud of you both. Yes!!! go for the st. george marathon. I will go and support you both.